I think that my main concern as a parent is to give my child the best edge in this ever competitive world and to keep in touch with what's going on in hers.
Some ways that I try to keep in touch are:
- Talking to her
- Reading some of her magazines and books to learn the issues and concerns going on in her age group
- I watch some of the TV shows she may watch...just to see what's she looking at
- I listen to some of the music she listens to...(God help me)...to see what the lyrics state
- I play video games with her...doing this opens up conversation
- I talk to her teachers; I'm on the PTA; and I attend all parent conferences
- I invite her friends over ....get to know her friend's parents
As a parent, it is my duty to make sure that my daughter is properly informed about sex, drugs, puberty, sexually transmitted diseases, drinking, violence, peer pressure and other tough issues that they face today.
I always try to find ways for us to have quality time and to talk. As long as the world advances, slowing down does not seem plausible.
My lookbook for today: (I'm all wrinkles)
Target black cardi; Forever21 tank; H&M pencil skirt