Balancing my home & work life is no easy task. I have, like we all do,
many roles. I'm a mother, daughter, friend, employee, grandchild, mentor, and
a spiritual being. All which are extremely important, but the most important role to me is
being a mom.
It's difficult trying to balance everything. I know, at times, I've felt as though there
just wasn't enough time in the day to complete it all. So what I've been doing is writing
down all that I need to do in a day; as well as figuring out the amount of time I spend
on each task.
By completing this assignment, I've noticed that much of my time is spent at work--of
course--and the rest is scheduled around me working.
To take it further...I'd written down a little Time Managment contract for myself.
It states that:
- I will need to organize my life
- Write 'to do' lists
- Set goals
- Set priorities
- Use a calendar more often (sync w/phone)
- Anything on my mind, write it down (assess it afterwards or at a later time)
- Take time for me (at least an hour/day; more on the weekends)
- Don't bring my work home on weekends
- Schedule exercise time
- Make sure to not skip any meals, especially breakfast...And
- Get at least 7-8 hours of sleep each night
remain realistic, focused, and proactive. The outcome beats out being stressed,
ill, depressed, or unmotivated.
Balance can be achieved. It's always good to ask for help & not take on everything
which is thrown at you. Make sure to set goals & say the word 'NO' often...and,
always expect and plan for the unexpected.
How do you all balance your time?
If you have the time, please take the poll which is located on the left hand sidebar. Thanks!