*head to toe: H&M top & skirt, UO bag, Forever21 wedges (old)
I'm pretty sure we (women) all go through this in some point of our lives. We seem to compete (or have competed) with other women at a societal level. But why? Is it because of society standards? We're judged by characteristics which we may have little control over; like physical appearance.
It's funny because I only have a handful of female friends that I sincerely call my friends. I have more male friends & I'm not sure if that's sad or not...it is what it is.
There's a reason why...
You know the whole saying that women are 'catty' and 'competitive'...it's somewhat true. I've never been the competitive type of woman, outside of a physical activity; and, in some cases, the office. And the friends I surround myself with are independent, low-maintenance, eclectic, grounded and educated women. I love being around my friends because they don't put on airs about who they are or what they stand for. Also, they're respectful ... there's no hidden agenda.
I personally think that there are some women out there who have flawed personalities and they don't even realize it. So what do these women do? They compete...they have to show why they're better than the next female in the room.
So here are some reasons I feel why women compete with other women...
1. Women feel that they can easily be replaced by a younger, more beautiful woman. Youth is a woman's fair-weathered friend.
2. Women feel that their level of physical beauty is based on 'luck' as opposed to something that she can control.
4. Women feel that other women can take something that they have worked hard to earn by using their beauty in the office, school and possibly the legal system because men admire a woman's beauty.
5. Women feel that other women cannot be trusted. They gossip too much, they're phony.
6. Women feel that other women divert attention away from them.
7. Women feel competitive with other women to be more attractive.
Things to realize:
You can never stop a man from looking at or admiring another woman's beauty. Point blank.
You are more than your physical body. You have so much to offer other than your looks.
You cannot control what other people think of you.
You can never compete with anyone but yourself.
Whatever you see in other people, develop in yourself.
You are the most important person in the world who should believe, and recognize your own authentic and unique beauty. Stop looking at the next woman.
I say all this because I deal with women today who can't even offer you a compliment on ANYTHING. And it's not like you're seeking that compliment. I compliment females often; even in the blogosphere. I comment, I 'like'; and it's genuine. I'm not looking for that person to compliment me / comment back. However, it just goes to show where I am in my life as a woman. I'm confident, I know who I am and what I'm capable of. Do you?
Oh well...what else can you say about the subject?
So what do you all think?